Friday, January 21, 2011

Purging

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to get rid of 365 things--one for each day of the year.  Every time I move, I am always amazed at how much stuff I can fit into such tiny spaces.  I also sometimes like to watch the show Hoarders (when I am feeling sorry for myself sometimes I like to watch TV about people who have much bigger problems than myself--maybe not the nicest thing, but it makes me feel better) and every time I do, it makes me want to get rid of everything I own so I don't end up like those people.  Anywho, I've been hard at work getting rid of stuff.  Here's the tally so far:
2 Sonic straws (didn't need them seeing as we have a hole box of straws that we hardly ever use)
toothpick holder (toothpicks got moved to a prettier container)
watch (didn't work)
5 bracelets (never wear them so they can go to someone who will)
silver box (wasn't using it--I like all my jewelry centralized so little boxes don't work for me)
sunglasses (they were broken but I kept them since my other pair went missing; they have since been found in boyfriend's car so the broken pair could go in the trash)
comforter (I had three comforter sets for one bed--seemed a bit excessive, so I got rid of one)
2 shams (ditto)
bed skirt (ditto)
4 pillow cases (ditto)
2 flat sheets (we had like 7 sets of sheets for one bed)
2 fitted sheets (ditto)
2 princess Tupperware (didn't feel like I could take my lunch to my law office in princess Tupperware)
3 water bottles
10 misc face wash/care stuff (I switched to Clinique (which I love) so I got rid of all the old stuff)
3 scarves
2 pairs of gloves
2 hats (including my beloved Monster Garage hat from high school--I loved that show)
1 make up bag

Total so far: 46

Pretty good considering we are only 20 days into the new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment