Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Heart Specimen Art

Jen over at Tatertots and Jello has done some super fun specimen art that I so wanted to copy.  Here’s what I came up with:
DSCN2788
I found these at the Dollar Tree. They’re little styrofoam hearts on sticks.
DSCN2694DSCN2696
I pulled the stick out and colored the hole with red sharpie to make it less noticeable.
DSCN2697And then I quit taking pictures.  I wasn’t kidding about the getting over excited thing.  After that all I did was hot glue them to a piece of pink paper and stick it in the frame.  I kept the glass behind the paper for stability and also so I didn’t lose it and/or break it.  Super easy and it only cost $1 because all I had to buy was the hearts!

1 comment:

  1. So fun, easy, and cheap! Thanks for sharing.... they look good enought to eat!!!

    Visiting from Show and tell at Blue Cricket Designs:)

    Angie
    inmysparetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete