Sunday, January 30, 2011

21 Day Challenge--Day 21

I have had this post planned for a while, but am just now getting around to it.  I had a lot of fun with A Bowl Full of Lemon’s 21 Day Organizing Challenge and I am looking forward to her weekly challenges.  If you ask me, you can’t really have too much organization in your life.  You might have noticed that I didn’t do a challenge for day 21—it was to organize something of my choice and instead of doing that, I wanted to share a few miscellaneous organizing tips.  Tomorrow, I’m going to do a series of where are they now pictures.

 DSCN2730

I love electronic gadgets as much as the next guy, but the cords can cause a big headache.  All of our random cords live in one drawer,and are labeled.  One night Boyfriend and I sat down and figured out what every cord went to and labeled them.  Any duplicates and ones we no longer needed or didn’t know what they went to went away. 

DSCN2824

This is how I organize my everyday scarves.  These aren’t really cold weather scarves—they’re Pashminas and other scarves that you would wear all day, not just with a coat.  I got a pack of plastic shower curtain rings at Target and stuck them on a couple of hangers (I doubled up since it got pretty heavy).  I like the plastic rings because they don’t snag the scarves.  They hang in my closet so I can grab them as I’m getting dressed.

 

DSCN2825

 

I love flip-flops and live in them during the summer.   I have a quite a few pairs and I store them in a shoe holder on the back of the door that connects our bedroom to the bathroom (its right next to the closet).  I love that this one has clear pockets so that I can see them and grab the pair that matches my outfit best.

 

 

 

DSCN2826

My Dad gave me this box after his collection of cufflinks outgrew it.  I use it to organize my earrings.  Having only one or two pairs in each box makes it easy to see and find exactly what I am looking for.  It also keeps things from getting tangled.

 

DSCN2827DSCN2828

We love Command hooks for organizing.  They come off the wall super easily but hold well.  We use them to hang hats and purses so everything is visible and out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment