Saturday, August 7, 2010

Scrapbook Saturday

I started scrapbooking in college and I love it!  I decided to feature scrapbook pages on Saturdays and Sundays because I have so many to share.  I'm going to start with one of my older scrapbooks, which is all sorority pictures from my freshman and sophomore years.


This is a picture of some of my girls at a fraternity philanthropy event--Watermelonfest.  It's hosted by the Lambda Chi Alphas (those are their letters across the top written in silver sharpie on some of the seeds) and it is basically watermelon olympics.  There is a watermelon eating contest, watermelon bowling, greased watermelon carrying relay and tug of war with a pile of smashed watermelon in the middle.  Then later that night there is a watermelon queen pageant and a watermelon carving contest.  I think the layout is pretty self explanatory. This was before I had anything cool, so everything is hand cut and then just glued down.  The page is a funky size--I think its like 9x9 or something.  My grandmother got me the scrapbook for Christmas from a store that sells sorority stuff but I have no idea why it is a wonky size.
This LO is of me and one of my good friends Mandy.  The picture is one of the professional ones taken on bid day, which is why it has words printed on the bottom.  I love how the black and white picture works with the colors here, but I wish the picture were in color because my hair was so red then (a dye mishap that I now kind of miss).  The lion cut out was something given to me by our new member educator.  I think some alum or older member had made a bunch of these for some reason and there were a bunch left in the new member goodies.  In case you were wondering, the lion was our mascot, which is why he appears all over the place (I'm not weirdly obsessed with lions for no reason lol).




No comments:

Post a Comment