Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nothing is Safe

Boyfriend is moving in with me next week and I told him that I would try really hard not to get all crafty on his stuff without his permission.  He thought I was kidding.  I wasn't.  Nothing is safe.  For example, I found blue At&T koozie in my car the other day.  Not sure how it got in there, but after I pulled it out, I decided that I needed to make it pretty.  I actually did this project last week, but wanted to make sure it wasn't going to fall apart before I posted about it.  I am happy to report that it survived a weekend at the lake.
The thick white ribbon is from the Dollar Tree.  I doubled it over so that it would cover the AT&T logo.  I originally tried fabric glue but it wasn't strong enough so I switched to hot glue.  Then I glued the smaller black and white ribbon to cover the seams.  There was a pretty massive seam where the white ribbon met, so I covered it with the flower.  It is made of ribbon, using (more or less) this tutorial.  I sewed it together with clear jewelry thread (like fishing line) to make it stronger.  The center is an extra button off a sweater that I don't have anymore.  In the next picture you can see how I glued little gems around on the white ribbon.

You can kind of tell on this picture that there is a line around the middle of the ribbon.  That is from the fabric glue.  I'm not thrilled with it, but you can't really tell unless you are looking at it up close.  I would also suggest if you make one of these that you put a can in it before you start.  I didn't have any can, full or empty, in my apartment, so I used a bottle.  It is a little smaller than a can, and so it is a little bit of a tight fit, but it still works.

No comments:

Post a Comment