Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Personalized Gift Box

A while back, I attended a baby shower for one of my friends who was having a baby girl.  I had picked out a couple of super cute outfits and was trying to decide how to wrap them.  I usually just put things in gift bags unless they come in a box because I am not a fan of wrapping oddly shaped things.  I didn't have any appropriate gift bags in my stash, so I went to Target to get one.  They had these pink shirt boxes, and since the baby's momma loves pink, I decided to put the outfits in the box and embellish it with things from my scrapbooking stash.  Here is the final result:
The butterflies at the top are rub-ons.  I used two colors of pink ribbon from my wrapping stash to keep the box closed.  The tag is made from a velum quote about baby girls from a stack, different pink scrapbook papers, and rub-ons--the C (for Callie) is under the velum quote, then I put "Baby Girl" at the bottom of the tag and there are some pink flowers at the top that are hard to see because of the ribbon.  On the bottom I used pink chipboard flowers and glued the little rhinestones to the centers of some.  I think I actually glued them on with pink puff paint just in case any of it showed though.  The box looked super cute, the mom loved it and it helped me use up some of my scrabooking stuff so that I could justify going out and buying more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment