Monday, August 30, 2010

Baby Shower Gifts

Two of my sorority sisters are having babies in December, but we had a shower for them this past weekend.  I knew I wanted to make my gifts and thought I would be all responsible and get them done before school started.  Both babies were girls, so I made my plan, bought my supplies and got crafting.  I literally had just finished painting the last onesie and went to check Facebook to see if anything interesting was going on.  Turns out someone was being a little shy at his last ultrasound and one of the babies was actually a boy.  So I had to come up with a new plan.  Shows me for trying to work ahead. lol.  So here is the finished product of what each momma got:
These are the baby girl gifts.  Originally each momma was going to get a onesie with the tutu (I go the idea here), a legacy onesie and another onesie that I painted using a cut out from my Forever Young Cricut cartridge.  The Circut onesies are more usable since I don't have any more sisters having girls (that I know of), so I switched things up a bit and baby girl got two legacy onesies and a tutu.  I decorated plain white bags from the dollar store.
I had a harder time coming up with baby boy ideas.  Since it was a joint shower, I felt like I had to give them similar things and since I made one set of gifts that I needed to make the other.  Plus with school starting last week, my brain was a bit scrambled.  I think they turned out cute though.  I googled onesie tie pattern and cut it out on freezer paper.  For the one with the stars I used freezer paper too but cut it on my Cricut.  For the lion I googled lion cartoon coloring page.  When I found one I liked I printed it out.  I put it under the onesie and used it as a stencil. 
Here are the finished bags all wrapped up.  The gifts were a big hit at the shower!

2 comments:

  1. Cute onesies!! Great job!!Hi..I’m Barb…
    I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. I also would love for you to be a new Fan of my Facebook page too & click “LIKE” in the upper right hand corner of my blog & you’ve done it..Thanks so much! I am just starting at Facebook. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness girly!! These are simply precious and so creative!!! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and would love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I would also like to invite you to link up to my party every Friday @ Fabulous Friday Finds! Hope to see you there!!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete