Friday, October 14, 2011

New Name and a New Look

I know its been a while since I've posted (I'm sensing a theme here), but I haven't been neglecting the old blog entirely.  You may or may not have noticed that she got a new name--Casual Fridays.  I feel like it fits my life a little bit better than the old name.  It may stick, or it may not.  You'll have to stick around to see.  To go along with her new name, I gave her a new look too.  I'm also in the process of starting at Etsy shop.  I was going to wait to officially re-launch her next week, but I had some free time today so you get a sneak peek.

And speaking of new things, I officially started a new job.  I'm working in the same office but I am officially an attorney now, practicing in the state of Missouri and the Western District of Missouri (federal court).  I'm working on my Kansas bar application so in the spring I will be (knock on wood) licensed in Kansas as well.  I am so blessed to be working in the field that I want to.  Getting up in the morning to be at work by 8:00am is a little rough, but I'm sure I will get used to it eventually.

You may or may not know this, but this is one of the top 10 happiest days of the year.  If you know why, Rock Chalk!  If you don't, tonight is Late Night aka the official start of the college basketball season.  I am a HUGE University of Kansas basketball fan.  More often than not by this time of year, college football has gotten rather depressing for KU fans, so the start of basketball season, even if it is only practice, is very welcome.

Another reason I have been MIA is that we are looking for a new place to live.  We hate have outgrown our current apartment and are looking for a house to rent for at least a year.  Looking for a place to live happens to be one of my most hated activities so for now it is taking all of my free time and patience.  So bear with me for a while longer.  Hopefully soon we will have a new place to live which means a new space to decorate.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment