Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chiefs Rag Wreath

We’re big Kansas City Chiefs fans around here.  And by we, I mean Alex is a big Chiefs fan.  I’m not much of a football fan, especially football on TV.  I like to go to pretty much any sporting event live, but really the only thing I like to watch on TV is college basketball.  But I’m getting there since we watch football pretty much every Sunday. 

I am constantly trying to incorporate Alex’s likes into our décor.  This can be slightly problematic since the only things Alex really likes are sports and beer.  I don’t really want to feel like I am living in a college frat house, so this can be kind of difficult.  However, I was browsing Pinterest and after seeing a few things, got inspired.

IMG_4315

I used one of the viney wood wreath frames from the Dollar Tree.  I got red and yellow fabric and cut it into one inch strips and starting tying.   This would be a great car ride (as long as you bring a lint roller to get all of the strings off your clothes) or TV watching activity because it is easy and mindless.

IMG_4318 

Just keep tying and tying and tying until your wreath is full.  Have a fuller wreath form helps give it a little heft. 

IMG_4317_1

I felt like it needed a little something else, so we stopped at Hobby Lobby and got this wooded football.  It was already painted and everything.  I hot glued an extra piece of fabric on the back of it then once it dried, tied it to the wreath.  That way, if for some reason I ever want to take it off, I can.

 IMG_4323_1

Since we are moving soon, I’m not sure where it will be hanging long term, so I didn’t really know how long I wanted the hanger to be.  So, for now, I took a strip of yellow and red fabric and tied them together around the wreath.  I knotted the top so it hung at the right height for now, but I can change it once we move.

Alex likes it and it is a cute way to incorporate his interests into our décor.

No comments:

Post a Comment