If you have been around for a while, you may know that last summer I started a 101 Things in 1001 Days challenge. I was really excited about it and got a few things on my list done, but of course, law school and life got in the way. I was thinking about it the other day and I thought this was a good time to restart the challenge. I came up with a new list that I feel like better fits my life now, where I am and the things I want to do. I plan on blogging about each task that I finish, so get excited about that. If you want to join in the challenge, please do. I'd love to follow along with you. Here's my list:
1. Take Alex to the American Royal Rodeo since he claims to have never been.
2. Visit the new Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, either for a performance or just to look.
3. Tailgate at Arrowhead--just drinking beer in the parking lot doesn't count.
4. Make a list of 101 things that make me happy, then print it out for dreary days.
5. Create a will and a living will/heath care directive. Have them witnessed so they are legit.
6. Have a picnic at the Kauffman Memorial Gardens.
7. Go camping.
8. Visit the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art.
9. Spend an afternoon at the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art.
10. Attend First Fridays.
11. Go see Shakespeare in the park and stay for the whole thing. Gotta stay awake too.
12. Go ice skating.
13. Donate $1000 to charity.
14. Write a love letter to Alex every month.
15. Send someone flowers.
16. Own a (right hand or left hand) diamond ring.
17. Run a 5k.
18. Get a professional massage.
19. Make ADPi t-shirt quilt (or have it made).
20. Host a Christmas cookie exchange. Go all out with it.
21. Finish captioning JYA photo albums.
22. Read 50 new books.
23. Watch 50 new movies.
24. Cook 50 new recipes.
25. Save $5,000.
26. Make a budget and follow it for three months.
27. Read the Bible, cover to cover.
28. Keep the TV off for a weekend.
29. Don't get on the Internet for a weekend (phone and computer).
30. No Facebook for a week.
31. Complete a color book.
32. Reach 250 blog followers.
33. Memorize Alex's phone number.
34. Get rid of 101 things.
35. Go to the drive-in.
36. Set up and implement a photo organization system.
37. Carve a pumpkin.
38. Make a snowman/woman/animal.
39. Set up retirement savings.
40. Fit comfortably into blue England dress.
41. Kit something.
42. Learn to play chess.
43. Stop using paper napkins at home.
44. Comment on at least one blog per day for a month.
45. Go to the driving range with Alex.
46. Get rid of laptop from undergrad (I don't really need three laptops).
47. Make border showdown Christmas cards.
48. Make ten projects from Pinterest.
49. Fill up leather bound journal.
50. Go diving.
51. Make 25 new cocktails.
52. Make homemade Halloween costumes.
53. Have a party/compete at the American Royal Barbecue.
54. Make 100 Etsy sales.
55. Donate blood (or at least make an attempt).
56. Finish Outlander series.
57. Pick a TV series to watch from start to finish.
58. Take a dance class.
59. Take an exercise class.
60. Have a progressive picnic.
61. Have a movie marathon date night.
62. Cook 90% of recipes in Pioneer Woman's cookbook.
63. Volunteer for something not family related.
64. Make and use my own chalkboard paint.
65. Adopt a dog.
66. Eat a whole meal with chopsticks.
67. Pay for the person behind me in the drive through.
68. Swim in the ocean.
69. Lean to do my own eye makeup.
70. Don't drink any alcohol for one month.
71. Make homemade ice cream.
72. Take one picture a day and blog about it for a month.
73. Learn to play poker decently well.
74. Make bed every morning for two weeks.
75. Scrapbook 25 pages from college.
76. Host a murder mystery dinner party.
77. Ride on the new sky ride thing at the Kansas City Zoo.
78. Read a book of Alex's choosing.
79. Go to church.
80. Visit 3 new states.
81. Buy do, then donate a puzzle.
82. Go geocaching.
83. Get mats cut for lawyer frames.
84. Play in the rain.
85. Use my iPhone for calls and texts only for a weekend.
86. Make/get reusable sandwich/snack bags.
87. Only homemade birthday gifts in 2012.
88. Eat at 25 new restaurants.
89. No eating out unless it is with friends for a month.
90. Take a picture of Alex and I every month.
91. Spend a lazy Saturday in pajamas at home.
92. No plastic bags from stores for a month.
93. Take a photography class.
94. Ride a bike
95. Go shopping early on Black Friday.
96. Spend an entire weekend at home.
97. Buy three new board games.
98. Get rid of all law school text books.
99. Get a manicure.
100. Have professional pictures taken again.
101. Blog about each completed task.