Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday's Musings

I don't have a lot to share today.  The house hunting is going well, and we have couple of promising places that we looked at on Friday.  We need to finish our applications so we can get them turned in and hopefully get a place finalized soon.  Our goal is to move the weekend before Thanksgiving because that is the only weekend that will work well for us for a while. 

No menu for this week.  I just wasn't feeling up to making one over the weekend and we really need to eat what we have in the apartment so we don't have to move as much stuff, so we're just going to wing it. 

I've got a couple of projects I am working on this week.  The first is Halloween costumes.  We're going to be super busy next weekend (we're going to a rodeo/concert Saturday night and the Chiefs game on Monday night), so I really didn't think that we would need Halloween costumes.  I'm not much for dressing up, so I wouldn't have minded going without this year.  But some friends invited us over to their house on Sunday night so we had to come up with something.  Alex also likes matching costumes, so I made him pick a theme yesterday morning.  We are going with the princess and the frog.  We got a green hoodie to make Alex into a frog prince and now I need to figure out how to make myself into a princess.  I'm not spending a bunch of money on this, so we'll see what I can come up with.  So far I have some blue thrift store elbow length gloves. 

I also started on my first furniture refinishing adventure yesterday.  "Refinishing" might be a generous term, because really all I am doing is repainting a DVD holder that Alex inherited from a friend who I believe inherited it from another friend.  Its a nice little piece, it just needed a facelift.  Hopefully I can get it done this week and share pictures next week.

Here's your inspiration for this week.  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment