Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bb is for Baby—A Baby Shower

One of Alex’s best friends and his wife (the best friend’s wife, not Alex’s) is having a baby sometime in the next month.  This past weekend, I helped throw her (the best friend’s wife) and baby Jameson a shower.

IMG_2554_1 

We hosted it at a local kitchenware shop.  It was a cute place and they did the food and clean up.  Our theme was Bb is for Baby because their last name starts with a B, it is a baby boy and she is an English teacher.  One of the other co-hostesses made this cute sign.

IMG_2578

 

 

 

 

My contribution was mostly the decorations.  You already saw the diaper cake and cupcakes.  I also made three centerpieces.  I used one of the diaper cupcakes on each table and then a Dollar Tree vase (vase glued to candlestick) filled with black beans.  I made tissue puffs that are all over the blog world using yellow and black tissue paper (the colors for the day) and stuck them on sticks so they could go in the vases.  They were super cheap but also super cute. 

 

 

 

 

IMG_2615

Like I said, the venue provided the food, but to make them it a little more personal, I made cupcake toppers for the mini-cupcakes.  I used cut the circles, B's and bees out with my Cricut.  I ran the B’s and bees though a Xyron sticker maker and stuck them to the circles.  Then I used round white mailing stickers to stick the circles to tooth picks.  They were so easy to make that even Alex could do it (I made him help).

IMG_2571IMG_2562

We decorated bibs and onesies for little Baby J to wear once he gets here.  To make it a little less messy, we stuck with pain pens rather than puff paint.

IMG_2589_1

We had super tasty cake pops too that two of the co-hostesses made.  They did red velvet and peanut butter/chocolate.  Super tasty and super cute.  It was a lot of fun throwing a part for the mom-to-be and Baby J.

7 comments:

  1. Everything looks perfect. Love the banner and the cupcake toppers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute!! Love your tissue flowers and diaper cake!!
    I would love you to come and share this at our Show & Share linky!!
    vintagegwen.blogspot.com
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hosting a bumble bee baby shower this weekend and this is awesome inspiration! Thank you so much! Would love for you to hop over and link up with the frog, party just started today!
    http://kissedbyafrog.blogspot.com
    Hope to see you there!
    HUGS~
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love this, Sooo cute..I adore the yellow:)) I found ya per blog hop and had to stop in and say hello, officially following ya..Hope u can stop in and say hi sometime..(I have a linky fall blog party that this will fit right into if you don't mind linking..:))..I'm Marilyn via http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-crawl-day-5-blog-party.html ..happy weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a dream-team of creative friends! Everyone did a wonderful job with making a beautiful and memorable event! Love your cupcake toppers and the centerpieces too! Thank you so much for linking up to "A Little Birdie Told Me..." at Rook No. 17!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome inspiration, Triangle shapes are one of the popular shape in any occasions. I found a great and wonderful job with making a beautiful and memorable event.

    ReplyDelete