Another reason (other than school) that I haven’t posted much lately is because I have been working on this:
It has taken FOREVER, but I’m really happy with how it turned out. I used a pattern from Honeybear Lane. Of course until after I got it that I realized that it had 50 steps. But since I paid for it already I forged ahead. My cousin just had a baby boy, so this is for Baby Brody. I’ll be honest, the only reason it got done today is because I want to give it to my cousin tomorrow when the family gets together for Easter. I need to do laundry, clean my apartment and study for my Estates & Trusts finals. It is my no mean perfect, but I figure the baby won’t care.
I only used four fabrics for the puffs instead of the eight she recommends. I also doubled the batting so the border would be even puffier. The binding didn’t go so well so I had to improvise a bit, but it works.
I love the lion fabric! And the blue looks awesome next to it. The yellow (it has little bees on it), polka dot, and green fabrics are cotton. The one with animals is a flannel and the green backing is flannel as well. The binding is a blue cotton as well.
I’m a glutton for punishment, so I’m making another one for the Boy’s cousin who also just had a baby boy. I’m hoping the second one goes faster than the first. Its not a hard pattern, just time consuming. I have a friend who is having a baby girl soon, so maybe if I get good at it, she’ll get one too.