Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wedding Gift

I know I promised a post a couple of days ago, but life got in the way.  I can't even blame it all on law school this time.  But I'm back and I have a whole bunch of projects to share!

One of my sorority sisters got married last night.  It was a beautiful event even with some gross weather that forced things to move inside.  When I am getting wedding gifts, I try to personalize it even if I am just getting something off the registry.  I decided to make something this time around instead of getting something off the registry.  I made a set of coasters with her new initial (H) on them but I thought I needed something else.  I have been wanting to try etching glass for a while now, and this seemed like a great opportunity.  I found some wine glasses at the Dollar Tree.  I actually like them better than the wine glasses I have because they are heavy glass and they are big.  Sorry, there aren't any pictures of the process--I didn't really know what I was doing and it was pretty much just trial and error.  I made them a set, Mr and Mrs.

Here is a picture for your viewing pleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment