Monday, September 13, 2010

Menu Board

Boyfriend and I are on a pretty tight budget and so to save money, we try to cook a lot of meals instead of going out to eat. We have been also trying to do most of our grocery shopping from what is on sale. To help us plan out our meals I decided to make a menu board. I took a frame I already had but wasn't using and whipped out the Cricut and some scrapbook paper. It's super useful for us because it keeps us on track and it makes it easy for me to know what to pull out of the freezer on my way out the door for school.

Its pretty big, but that lets us write a lot next to each day.  Plus that's the only frame I had.  It's plastic not glass, which makes it hard to wipe the marker off--I found that nail polish remover works.  If I had to do it again, I would use a frame with glass instead.  I also attached two clips on the bottom for a grocery list.  I thought that it needed to be cute too, so I added some scrapbook paper to it too.  Couldn't help myself.  :)  It hangs next to our kitchen so we always know what is for dinner.  This was last week's menu.  I'll be honest, it doesn't always get followed--taco pizza got turned into barbecue chicken pizza because the tacos on Monday were such a big hit.  We also decided to go out Friday night instead so Friday's sweet potato fries because Saturday's appetizer.  Overall it has been a huge help!

1 comment:

  1. too cute! my boyfriend and I need to do the same. i like your blog! hope to talk to you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete