Sunday, November 7, 2010

Life's Great Questions

I know that most of you don't read this blog for my wit (I'll post a new project soon, I promise), but there is something I have been thinking about that I wanted to discuss.  I don't like watching football, but I'm dating a boy who loves football, so I've been watching a lot of it lately.  There are a lot of reasons I don't like football, none of which are really important.  Back on 10/10/10, KU was offering $10 football tickets to a few games.  Despite the fact that I don't like football, and my boyfriend doesn't like KU, I got us a pair, figuring it would be a cheap few hours of entertainment.  We went to the game yesterday, and it ended up being AWESOME, but I started thinking about one of the penalties.  In football, you are not allowed to do what is called "pass interference."  I have watched approximately one million hours of football recently, and I'm still not sure what that means.  I mean, if you are on the defense, aren't you supposed to interfere with the pass?  Isn't that your job?  What confuses me even more is how you can have offensive pass interference.   How exactly do you interfere with a pass that is thrown to you?  I'm sure if you really like football, these calls make perfect sense.  But me, I don't like football, so it's all Greek to me... 

No comments:

Post a Comment