Friday, November 12, 2010

His and Her Pillows

A long time ago, we went and got a couple of pillows for our couch at a thrift store plus a sheet to make covers for them.  And then I got busy and they sat in a bag in my parents house waiting for me to find time to use the sewing machine.  I finally got around to it this week, and I'm pretty happy with them.
I also decided to learn how to ruffle.  I was going to put ruffle flowers on both but my boyfriend seemed less than enthusiastic so I decided to his and hers and make mine very ruffly and his not.  I used this tutorial for the pillow covers and just kind of winged the flowers.  I love how the edges of the flowers are a little frayed--it add some character.  I know they may not last forever, but if they fray too much, it just means its time to make new pillow covers.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! New follower here! lovely blog:) you can find mw at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute...I love em!

    I just found your blog on the Boost my Blog Friday blog hop. Have a wonderful weekend!

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pillows--lots of talent there! I'm visiting from Boost Your Blog.

    ReplyDelete