This is a pre-blog project, but I wanted to share it anyway. No step by step on this one and honestly, I can’t even remember how I did some of the pages, but it’s a good way to use up random stuff from your stash. I started with a small book—I think it was one of those cheesy graduation books that just sit on the shelf. Then I just went town. Paint, paper, gel medium, glitter, paint samples, you name it, if we had it sitting around, it got used.
I painted the cover and glue the ribbon on to keep it shut. Since I added so much to the book, it got quite a bit bigger. The safety pins have beads on them that spell out “friends” since the book is full of my JYA friends.
I grouped several pages together to make one page to make it sturdier. The pictures are all printed on regular paper to make them more alterable. You can see some spots where the pages stuck together—if I were to do another one, I would probably seal the pages with a clear spray sealant.
I cut a page diagonally to make this pocket then mounted the picture on paint chips. The pages are painted. It has some fine glitter on it too.
These pages are fun. I coated them in modge podge then dumped glitter on them. I went back and glued some rhinestones on because it just didn’t have enough bling. :)