Friday, July 16, 2010

Fridge Magnet

I was going to make my first post about freezer-paper stencils, but it didn't go so well, so I am reworking that project.  Instead, I present you with a cute fridge magnet.  Last night I really wanted to make something while BF was doing homework (and watching videos on ESPN.com).  I couldn't decide what I wanted to do, but then I was hit with a flash of inspiration.  A couple of my friends have done magnets for their Save the Dates.  I always feel bad throwing them away but after the wedding, there is really no reason to save the date.  So they just stay on my fridge.

This is my friend Janelle--isn't she beautiful?  She got married last summer.  Her STD was still on my fridge, so I decided to make it into this:

Its kind of hard to read but it says "Be kind to everyone you meet-they are fighting a battle you know nothing about."  It is one of my favorite sayings and something that I need to remind myself of all too often.  I using Mod-podge and scrapbooking scraps.  I cut the words out on my Cricut.  I love my Cricut so much that I think I am going to have to give it a name.  It didn't really think it though, just started going, making it up as I went along.  Also at the end, I had to rush to finish it because BF wanted to watch a show before bed and was getting impatient.  I have another magnet so I will probably make another one soon with bigger letters so it is easier to read.  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment