Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chalkboard Sign

I’m thinking my new favorite project supply may be chalkboard paint.

Photo0075

I bought this sign at Hobby Lobby on clearance for less than $4.  I had originally planned on using it to make a wedding gift, but due to studying, the wedding came and went before I was able to make it into something nice.  And I had gotten a can of chalkboard spray paint for another project that still hasn’t gotten done.  I took a few minutes this week to combine the two to get this:

DSCN3288

It’s hanging on the inside of our door so we can write notes to ourselves or each other so we’ll see them before we walk out the door.  Or we can just write random things like Happy Birthday America.  I’m not sure how well it is going to hold up because the wood is a little rustic, but since it was so cheap, if it doesn’t last forever, it won’t be so bad.

P.S. Do you love our super old school ghetto door bell?  Its pretty awesome.  The best part is that the button you press on the outside of the door usually gets stuck and it freaks out the pizza guy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment