Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Taco Bell Quesadillas

I’m not positive, but I think this recipe is from middle school home ec and until a few weeks ago, I think that is the last time I had made it.  But Alex really likes it and it really is super easy.  I can’t actually say that it tastes like Taco Bell because I don’t eat there.

DSCN3211

For the sauce, mix:

  • 1/4 mayo (or do half mayo and half sour cream)
  • 2 tsp minced jalapenos
  • 2 tsp jalapeno juice
  • 3/4 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp chili pepper
  • 1/8 tsp garlic powder
  • dash of salt

This can be a bit hot, especially if you get a chunk of jalapeno in there, so you might want to adjust if you are feeding any kidlets

You’ll also need:

  • flour tortillas
  • grilled chicken breasts
  • shredded cheese (I use whatever we have in the fridge—cheddar, monetary jack, pepper jack, Mexican mix)
  • Kraft singles

For each quesadilla, spread sauce on one side of a flour tortilla and put it in hot skillet.  Sprinkle the sauced side with shredded cheese and half of a Kraft single.  After it has started to melt, top with chicken (or whatever other toppings you want).  Fold over and press gently with spatula.  Flip over and cook until cheese is melted.

DSCN3212

Hungry yet?  I like to eat mine with salsa and sour cream, but Alex will eat them plain. 

Sorry for the lack of posts over the last few days.  Bar prep has really ramped up and my goal is 6 hours a day.  I’m still trying to get into a good routine and figure out how to balance studying with everything else in my life.  Bear with me though, I think I’ve just about got it done.  Until it increases to 8 hours a day that is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment