Thursday, March 31, 2011

Beatles Coasters

In my experience, boys are really hard to make things for.  I make gifts for most of my girlfriends but when the Boy has to get a gift for one of his buddies, we almost always buy something.  Here’s something that could work for boys and girls, and let’s be honest, most everyone likes the Beatles:

DSCN2947

Coasters are one of my go-to gifts because everyone needs coasters (even if they don’t know it).  I use super cheap plain white tiles (you can get them at Home Depot or Lowe’s for like $.12 each but these ones came from Habitat ReStore and my parents got them for even cheaper).  All I do is Mod Podge scrapbook paper on them.  Here I put down the tan paper then let it dry then added the Beatles figures (I cut them out with my Cricut).  Then I do one more coat of Mod Podge and I like to spay them with a clear sealant so they don’t stick together.  I back them with craft foam but you could use felt or cork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment